Good morning learners.
Memo- Activity – Population Pyramids &Dependancy ratio
1. A grAph indicating the distribution of a country’s population.
2. Early expansive
3. It is narrow at the bottom indicating a low birth rate.
4. It is broad at the bottom indicating a high birth rate and tapers at the top indicating a high death rate.
5. This refers to the dependancy of the economically inactive on the economically active – those that work.
6. In a developed country the dependancy ratio is lower because there are more people who are working whereas in a developing country the dependancy ratio is high because there are few people who are working.
7. Economically active -:people who are working.
Economically inactive – people who are not working.